Prostatectomy for da Vinci® Xi
Click here to contact a Mimic representative for more information
Maestro AR Prostatectomy for da Vinci® Xi
Maestro AR Prostatectomy for da Vinci® Xi is an interactive educational tool exclusively available on the dV-Trainer® and FlexVR™, developed in collaboration with Dr. Vip Patel, M.D., Medical Director for Florida Hospital Urologic Oncology and Medical Director for the Global Robotics Institute.
This Prostatectomy module presents the user with an immersive 3D learning environment, combining footage from an actual case performed by Dr. Patel with Mimic’s proven MSim™ simulation platform. Using the dV-Trainer or new FlexVR simulators, trainees manipulate virtual 3D robotic instruments to interact with anatomical regions within the augmented 3D surgical video footage.
Maestro AR Prostatectomy for da Vinci® Xi guides trainees through a complete Prostatectomy procedure. The module is divided into the following steps:
- Patient Positioning and Setup
- Incision of the Peritoneum and Entry into the Space of Retzius
- Incision of the Endopelvic Fascia and Identification of the Dorsal Venous Complex (DVC)
- Ligation of the DVC (and anterior periurethral suspension stitch)
- Anterior Bladder Neck Dissection
- Posterior Bladder Neck Dissection
- Seminal Vesicle Dissection
- Denonvillier’s Fascia and Posterior Dissection
- Neurovascular Bundle Preservation
- Apical Dissection
- Bladder Neck and Posterior Reconstruction
- Urethrovesical Anastomosis
Audio narration from Dr. Patel provides guidance through all steps of the procedure. At periodic intervals, trainees must answer multiple choice questions and identify anatomical structures and surgical landmarks in order to proceed through the module.
Designed to develop psychomotor robotic skills, this Prostatectomy module includes embedded Retraction, Suturing, Camera Manipulation, Knot Tying and Anastomosis exercises designed to match and improve techniques used in this procedure.
As with all other Mimic simulation exercises, Maestro AR uses Mimic’s pioneering and industry standard MScore™ performance evaluation system.