MSim is Mimic’s proprietary simulation technology that enables life-like, 3D skills development exercises and video-based content on Mimic’s products.
Powering the flagship dV-Trainer simulator, MSim is the most realistic and life-like daVinci® simulation available, providing:
- High quality 3D models of virtual instruments (created from the original da Vinci CAD files)
- State-of-the-art rendering of virtual environments, including real-time shadows and depth of field
- Advanced suturing, knot tying, and stereo video technology
- Flexibility to incorporate new da Vinci® instruments and techniques as they become available
MSim quarterly releases
Mimic is committed to providing end users with exceptional system performance and novel content. MSim is updated quarterly for our existing dV-Trainer customers and research partners worldwide.
MSim Latest Features:
- NEW da Vinci® Xi platform simulation capabilities
- NEW laparoscopic-only exercises for the Xperience Team Trainer
- Maestro™ AR augmented reality technology now makes procedure-specific robotic simulation and training possible.
- Suturing and knot tying exercises refined and expanded, with improved realism and a wider range of clinical environments. Six suturing exercises are now fully integrated, and suitable for use in studies and curriculum.
- Introduction of tube closure and tube anastomosis exercises.
- Robotic Training Network (RTN) simulation exercises are modeled after physical dry lab exercises uses in an RTN assessment program for the organization’s robotic surgical training curriculum. For more information about RTN, visit the Robotic Training Network.